Wednesday, October 12, 2011

EDITING!

So, here's the thing - I've just completed a mammoth task of writing 37,500 words in 23 days.

Why?

Good question. Great. I have no idea. My deadline is 1st February. I must be mad. The house wasn't cleaned. The kids barely fed. Although a great deal of 'research' was done while watching those lovely boys playing in the Rugby World Cup!

I guess the story flowed. But how do we know whether the story we're writing is good? Or great? or gold? (Or just plain dull?). Answers on a postcard please! All I know is that I enjoyed writing this story and seeing where the characters wanted to go. I hope readers (and my editor) like it too!

I'm now tinkering with it and am at the point where I'm wondering if I need to continue tinkering or whether I will tinker the life out of it.

So here's a question for all you writers out there - how do you know when your story is truly 'finished'??

Until next time,
Louisa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers